[Show notes by Daniel M. Clark] This first part of the show is dedicated to the two big news stories of the day: The Beatles and the Apple event. The Beatles have a new set of remasters and Apple has a new lineup of iPods and a new iTunes. We cover my epic failure with the show recording over the weekend (hint: don’t look for it on the site), WordPress, WordPress plugins, and Joe’s weekend camping. Swine flu is next, then car seats and horses & kids. We finish up with predicting what kids will be like as teens and attending evening events when you’ve got kids to deal with. All-in-all, a good hour of Geek Dad-ery!
- The Beatles new remasters and box set
- The new Burton-produced flick, 9
- iTunes 9
- More about the Beatles – Joe’s been a fan since their heyday in the 60’s, whereas they were never part of my life since they broke up 5 years before I was born. Over-commercialization and over-saturation: could it be a problem?
- Does anyone under 40 want the Beatles version of Rock Band?
- Jason Rubacky was supposed to be my guest on the show last week, but I had a recording FAIL and screwed it all up. Too bad, too, because Jason was giving away a hundred bucks to each listener. You missed out. Sorry.
- WordPress and WP plugins – there was a big(ish) hack going around recently! For podcasting, we’re using PowerPress instead of Podpress now.
- Joe’s weekend camping.
- Swine flu. WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!11 Okay, that might be a little much, but Joe talked to the family pediatrician, and apparently, it’s not just media hype. If you’re in a risk group, get a shot, according to the doctor.
- Fun with car seats! Ian slid out of his during the show recording, Joe tells a story about Sierra falling off the back of a golf cart in hers, and I follow up with a story of driving down the road without strapping Winter in. I can’t believe we were allowed to produce offspring sometimes.
- Sierra’s first horse ride. It didn’t go well. In fact, it didn’t really go at all.
- Looking at little kids, can you tell what they’re going to be like as older kids? Who will be the jock? Who will be the nerd? Who will be the goth chick?
- Attending evening events – we love to do things, but it’s tough to attend 6:30pm events when you’ve got kids!
- Lastly, if you’d like to be a guest on the show, hit us up on the contact form at geekdadsathome.com.