It’s Friday, September 25th. It’s a bit before 8:00am. I’ve been awake for four hours. That’s not normal.
We recorded this podcast two days ago, Wednesday afternoon. It’s my turn to edit the show and write up the show notes. Wednesday night wasn’t great – the kids were… let’s just say they were difficult. Thursday morning, my wife left for two nights out of town.
That, hopefully, explains why I’ve been up since 4am and why the podcast is just now getting posted.
I’m tired. But that’s how a stay-at-home Dad rolls sometimes.
Okay, a little more upbeat… the show was fun! We covered some good family topics and some important geek topics, too. Let’s run down the list:
- Branding and kids’ toys (“Thanks for learning with LeapFrog!“)
- Baby sign language with the Signing Time series of DVDs
- Exer-saucers, or what Joe calls ‘the circle of fun’ (pictured)
- Updates on Ian – he’s almost crawling, and it’s just about time to set up the play area fence & gates
- Betty’s Not a Vitamin
- Continuing from last week, discussion about backing up your data
- My experience calling around various data recovery services
- Getting and setting up a Drobo for local storage
- Ripping DVDs and buying DVDs vs. streaming on Netflix/Hulu and similar services
- WordPress permalink structures, SEO, site loading speed and caching
- More about how the show is put together and ditching Ubercaster – for now, at least
- Did you know that Joe is an old, old man?
- Finally, we talk about that age-old question: if I knew then what I know now?
A fun hour of geek dad-ness. If you’d like to be a guest on the show, get in touch with us via the contact form, and if you have a few minutes to kill, how about answering a few questions in our listener survey?
See you next week!