[Show Notes by Daniel M. Clark]
We kick off episode 38 with a special guest, Wade Tonkin of GTO Management. Wade is the father of 2 kids, ages 8 and 5. Topics this week include:
- Software reliability – I’m not thrilled with Ubercaster (again, I know – I’m in the throes of a love/hate relationship with this thing) or Skype. Wade has made Skype a major part of his business, though, and has few complaints about it.
- Podcasting & recording hardware – it’s not as expensive as one might think. You can get into a good mixer or microphone for under a hundred bucks.
- Talking about hardware leads into a discussion about Wade’s business, broadcasting local sports over the internet. Joe has some experience in this area as well, and he and Wade trade war stories.
- Wade’s online radio site can be found at www.skagitradio.com, and there’s archives of about a hundred games to be heard.
- After Wade says goodbye to go get his kids from school, Joe and I talk a little Geek Dads history since we’re coming up on the one year anniversary of the show.
- The Geek Dads @ Home 2009 Holiday Gift Guide!
- Supposed Apple deals on Black Friday? We’re skeptical.
- The Feather case for iPhone, I love it.
We put the lid on another episode of Geek Dads @ Home talking about my new nephew, Colton, and how he’s probably going to grow up to be a Texas oil baron. With a name like Colton Sterling, how can he not?
We’re off for the Thanksgiving holiday next week, we’ll see you again in two weeks for episode 39 – thanks for listening!