Episode 11 of GeekDads@Home is sadly missing the voice of Sam Harrelson.
In honor of Sam, we cut five minutes off the end of our normal hour.
Please spend it in a moment of silence.
This week, we talk about…
- the recent eMarketer report in podcasting audience size. 9% now, growing to 17% of U.S. internet users listening to podcasts by 2013.
- A 4-Geek-Dads-thumbs up goes to You Look Nice Today podcast. We only wish they did more shows.
- The Twitter Search Results in Google firefox plugin leads us into a long discussion on abuse and pollution of twitter by marketers and DBs. Take the oath with us. “We will not ruin twitter.”
- Skittles.com and other great, and legit, uses for twitter.
- While “ruining twitter” might have counted as our Jim Kukral mention, we did more explicitly touch on his dealings this week with Billy May in Miami.
- Joe recounts his frightening weekend with snowstorms and tornadoes…and good in-tub livin’.
- And Finally, we wrap the show with some dad talk. Listen to dads speaking of breast milk vs. formula, pumping stations and eating. oh my.