In which Daniel, Drew and Greg consider 67 books for kids, the return of Game of Thrones, the Avengers and the lack of lottery winners among us.
(Technical difficulties means no video this week. Video should return with next week’s episode.)
This week we were all about:
- 67 Books Every Geek Should Read to Their Kids Before Age 10 – Classics like Where the Sidewalk Ends, Harry Potter, The Tale of Despereaux, Charlotte’s Web and A Wrinkle in Time fill out this list of must-read books for not just geek kids, but all kids. The Wizard of Oz is conspicuous in its absence, as is Alice in Wonderland, but it’s a great list overall.
- Cracked’s 6 Popular Children’s Books that Teach Kids Horrible Messages (#1 on the list is the Arthur entry that we talked about).
- From kids books to television that shouldn’t be watched by anyone under 18, Game of Thrones is back for Season Two this week.
- The weekly comic strip Foxtrot had a great homage to Game of Thrones and My Little Pony.
- The Avengers movie is coming up fast. I’ve got two tickets to an early screening on April 14th, two weeks before the movie opens. You’re jealous, I know. I’ll have a full report afterward.
- The Mega Millions lottery drawing was big, big news. 640 million. None of us won. I went on a rant about how the lottery is a big waste of money.
- Drew went to Boston, into Chinatown, to a Japanese restaurant to eat hot dogs. Yes, it’s just as weird as that sentence makes it sound. Yet it’s awesome somehow. The video is up on YouTube.
- Drew’s a blogger for Johnsonville’s Grill Greats, which he’ll have more information about soon.
- Greg’s all excited about baseball season and the start of his fantasy baseball league. Batter up!
All this and more – thanks for listening! We’d love to hear your thoughts. Leave us a voice mail at 281-241-QAQN(7276). Also, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.