In which Daniel, Drew and Greg talk about Father’s Day, unbelievable luck (and skill) in winning contests at conferences, Affiliate Summit East’s hotel being sold out, and WordPress optimization for site speed. Also, the last time we’ll talk about Game of Thrones until next spring. Probably.
No video this week. I’m sick and trust me, you don’t want me on camera. Here’s the recap:
- We kicked off with a bit about our Father’s Day weekends. Greg is, apparently, Aquaman.
- In the middle of recording, Drew was notified that he won a TrekDesk – a result of a contest he participated in while at BlogWorld recently.
- Contests at conferences? Totally worth it. They often don’t take much of your time and can result in big prizes… we explain the hows and whys.
- Speaking of conference prizes, I won a Blu-Ray player in a drawing at Think Tank last month. It arrived a couple of days ago and it’s awesome. Thanks to Snow Consulting and Paul’s TV. Now I just need a TV to hook it up to…
- We each previewed our upcoming sessions at Affiliate Summit East 2012.
- I talked at length about WordPress optimization and site speed. Thanks to a fantastic session at Affiliate Summit Central, I was able to cut my site’s load time in half. There are details about how I did it in the blog post I wrote over the weekend. The tool I talked about is webpagetest.org. The image scruncher program that I couldn’t remember the name of? It’s Image Optim (free, but Mac only).
- Lastly… Greg did his homework and watched the final two episodes of Game of Thrones. We love talking about the show, and we’re sad that we have to wait until next spring for season three. Until then, we’ll have to find something else to obsess over.
Lastly, here’s the shirt that Drew was talking about at the end of the show:
All this and more – thanks for listening! We’d love to hear your thoughts. Leave us a voice mail at 281-241-QAQN(7276). Also, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.