In which Daniel and Greg go LIVE once again… and mostly get it right. Also, the Super Bowl, defending the GoDaddy ad, Iron Man 3, Star Wars movie news and The West Wing.
All the news that’s fit to put in a bullet point list and call “show notes”:
- Next week, live on Zap! we’ll be giving away a $25 gift card to Fanatics.com. Make sure you hit the QAQN homepage (or any page, really) at 12:30 pm Eastern on Tuesday, February 12.
- Speaking of Fanatics – Wade Tonkin has been tapped to Emcee Affiliate Summit East 2013! Congratulations, Wade!
- The Super Bowl happened. Boy, did it happen. The 49ers lost, and the Ravens… were also there.
- GoDaddy put up a Super Bowl commercial that some are unironically calling the most offensive commercial they’ve ever run. It’s an ad featuring two fully clothed people kissing for half a minute. What’s offensive about that? Well, the guy is “ugly”, so there’s that. Oh, and some are saying he’s just a kid… well, he’s actually 34, and is playing the role of an engineer at GoDaddy, so even the character isn’t being portrayed as a kid.
- Iron Man 3 had an ad during the Super Bowl. I was severely disappointed by the quality of it. Greg wasn’t as much.
- It’s been announced that Star Wars will be releasing three films in six years starting in 2015: Episodes 7-9. There has been a rumor that there will be a number of standalone films released around the same time, or perhaps between the main Episodes. The first rumor is that one would feature Yoda. After recording the podcast today, it was confirmed that there will be two standalone movies and that one would feature a young Han solo and the other would be Boba Fett. Good timing, Disney. You couldn’t have told us before we started the show?
- Lastly, in our Late to the Party segment, I’ve just started watching The West Wing. Brilliant show. I’ve got a few things to say about it, and I’d like to know what you think after you hear them!
All this and more – thanks for listening! We’d love to hear your thoughts. Leave us a voice mail at 281-241-QAQN(7276). Also, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.