[Show Notes by Daniel M. Clark]
The Geek Dads this week were myself, Joe and Scott – Sam couldn’t join us this week, though we hope that we can get him on a couple more times before he starts his new teaching job.
My computer, the one doing the recording, had a failing hard drive. You may notice a whirring noise at some points because my microphone jack also decided to stop working, so I was recording through the laptop’s internal microphone. The computer died later that day, and I had to get it replaced, which is one reason why this show, recorded last Wednesday, is going up today.
Our topics this week:
- Sam’s teaching job
- Joe being under a tornado watch, and dealing with taking the family into the bathroom tub for safety
- Kid competitions, hockey and skating
- Skiing in various places in the US
- Illness, fevers and general yucky-ness
- Swine flu (OMG WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!)
- Asthma, nebulizers
- Scott tells a story about a false positive on a genetic test
- Swamp coolers
- More about autism
- Enough of the depressing stuff! We move on geeky topics… or topic. Twitter. Of course.
- Who we follow and why (and who we no longer follow and why)
- Various clients – Nambu, Tweetie, Tweetdeck
- Having multiple accounts and managing them
- Twitter “chats”
The show runs a hair over an hour. Enjoy!